Friday 22 March 2013

spring has sprung, and with it, my appetite for brighter clothes

Fridays always have the potential to be rather pleasant days, as they're the end of the week and, in my books, the official start of the weekend (although not so much for me anymore, with school on Saturday mornings...) and much to my delight, today was no exception.

I awoke at the youthful hour of 6:30 to see a warm shaft of sunlight peeking through the crack in my shutters, and to hear the birds, awake as anything, singing a lovely little morning tune right outside my window. Seeing that for the past two months I have been greeted with a scene completely opposite to this (darkness, silence, snow) I'm regarding this as the official start of Spring!

Considering I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night (no, I wasn't being a naughty little night owl, for some reason my brain just wouldn't allow my body to drift off...) I wasn't too lethargic for the necessary early start, which I'll admit I usually consider god-awful, and started my day off nicely with a bowl of coffee (don't worry, not real coffee, something that I'm told is better for you, with breakfast cereals mixed in and stuff...) a pain au chocolat, and half a beautiful, ruby coloured grapefruit. Delicious.

School wasn't much of a drag as my second class was cancelled today and I only had to endure 2 hours of volley ball (when I say endure, I don't mean it in a bad way as, in actual fact, it wasn't all that bad, unlike my hand-eye coordination skills...) and then I had the rest of the day to myself. Nothing pleases me more than free time and sun shine in France!

Here's a list of what I busied myself doing, because I have a habit of writing things with too much description, and quite frankly my dears, I like lists.

1. WENT shopping. The only thing to do when the sun comes out is to buy clothes to suit the new, and, do I even have to say it, much welcomed, warmer temperature... Wouldn't you agree? Yeah, that's what I thought. No one can help a touch of shopping every now and then, can they?

Jersey - H&M, jeans - Naf Nad, scarf - GDM,  nail-polish - Sephora


Finally succumbed to the neon trend... 

2. MET up with my host mum's, best friend's, son (phew, what a mouthful) where I took on the role of an English tutor for an hour. When I say this, all I really did was talk and listen to a perfectly friendly French boy speak, in English, on a pier au bord du lac d'Annecy while simultaneously basking in beautiful sunlight. No complaints there, it was nice to have a break from French and see someone else in my position for once!

Are we actually in Wellington?

A feathery friend!

3. ATE a delicious ham and raclette (a special melted cheese specific to the Haute-Savoie department of France) panini for lunch, on a park bench in the sun.



4. TRIED to buy the white converses I've been coveting for bloody weeks now from a shoe shop that was closing down, therefore having a massive sale, but they had run out... Upon hearing this, Michel, my host dad, proceeded to drive me to every shoe shop he knew, but didn't quite understand that I wasn't desperate for just any shoes, I was desperate for these shoes, but we had a nice time anyway. At one point, we returned to the car where he handed me the keys and said "Ouvrir!" (open), so I put the key in the keyhole and attempted to obey his command, however, it wasn't quite working as expected and it was only when I looked up to see him in complete hysterics that I realised that it wasn't our car at all, but in fact a complete stranger's... Oh how he loves to make a fool of me! I swear, that man never puts an end to his antics! In the end, however, I found the right car, returned home, and bought my beloved all stars online.

Don't blame me, these cars are all over France!

All in all, not bad for a day's work, if you ask me... not bad at all.

But for now, I'm off. I may not have been very tired this morning after such lack of sleep, but I sure started feeling it around 5 o'clock! 5 hours later, here I am... I never learn, do I? 

Bonne nuit, or rather if you're in New Zealand, bon matin... 

Yours truly, 
me, Eloise x

No comments:

Post a Comment